Wednesday, January 15, 2020
On Sunday Pastor Dave called us to make this a Year of Prayer with Fasting. He will continue encouraging and showing us how to do this. Here's how you may participate this week:
- Create space for prayer by choosing a meal to fast for the day and use that time for praying and worshiping God. You may also choose some activity that you normally do--set it aside and fill that time instead with prayer.
- Read and reflect on this occasion on I John 4.7-21. Ask God to show you what he wants you to understand in this powerful teaching about the love of God and how it relates to you.
- As you do that, invite Jesus to create in you a heart for love, exposing and removing whatever is hindering you. Ask him to show where you could put into practice to love others as Jesus has loved us.
- Pray that your marriage, family and workplace; your church and other relationships will be a place where this love is displayed.
- As you make this your earnest prayer, give him praise for being your Lord and Healing King.
Thanks to all who choose to engage in this call to open ourselves to God in fresh and deeper ways. If your are unable to do this on Wednesday, choose another day to put this into practice. God is up to something good and powerful!